Registration Details & Swim Team Season Information
Important Dates to Remember
- March 19 – 28: Priority Registration for returning Competitive Swim and STORM alumni and siblings – register online here. Returning swimmers will receive an email once Priority Registration opens with a link that will allow you to register.
- March 29 – April 11: STORM WARNING Open Registration
- April 14: Suit Fittings with Swim and Tri in the FSHFC Vending Cafe
- May 1: Evening practices begin (Tues/Thurs/Fri)
- June 4: Daytime practices begin (Mon-Fri), evenings continue
- July 14 & 15: Smoky Mountain Invitational Swim Meet
- July 27-29: GKAISA Championship City Swim Meet
2018 Swim Season & Registration Information
All swim season information, registration forms, parent volunteer information, and practice dates/times will be accessible on The Storm Swim Team Official Website.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is GKAISA?
GKAISA is an organization of 34 Knoxville area teams that compete with each other. It is divided up into 6 leagues according to size and ability of teams. GKAISA stands for Greater Knoxville Area Interclub Swim Association. We are in the lowest league (League 6). The championship meet at the end of the season is for all the teams in GKAISA. Over 2,000 swimmers compete in this meet, which is the fourth largest swim meet in the country! It is a great opportunity for kids to compete in a first rate facility (Allan Jones Aquatic Center on UT campus) and to compete against some great area swimmers!
What are the age divisions?
The swim meets are divided into 10 divisions. Ages 8 and under; 9 – 10; 11 – 12; 13 – 14; and 15 and over. Each age group is divided in boys and girls. Girls swim first in the age divisions, then boys swim.
Do you have to be a member of FSHFC to join the STORM swim team?
Yes. It is a GKAISA rule that all swimmers must belong to the pool, club or community.
How can I get in touch with a coach? A STORM Team board member?
Log on to the website, storm.swimtopia.com and click on COACHES & BOARD tab. From there, you can click on anyone’s name to send them an email. During office hours contact the aquatics office at (865) 531-5082.