Fort Sanders Health and Fitness Center encourages that members undergo regular fitness assessment (CFA Step 1 and CFA Step 2), and Program Designs every 3 months. These appointments are included in your membership, and will not incur any additional cost! For new members, it is a great way to establish a fitness baseline. For veteran members, the assessment helps individuals monitor their progress and establish new fitness goals.
Assisting the staff in developing a customized workout program, the assessments help indicate strengths and weaknesses related to fitness. It will also help motivate and encourage those who are seeking to maximize their fitness opportunities.
Complete Fitness Assessment Components
The Complete Fitness Assessment will be broken down into two appointments, the CFA Step 1 appointment and the CFA Step 2 appointment. Following these appointments, the Exercise Physiologist will help you to set realistic goals based on your fitness goals and interests. Any follow up appointments will include resting measurements and a review of your health history.
An Exercise Physiologist will complete a health history assessment, resting measurements, and introduce you to cardiovascular equipment.
- Heart Rate
- Blood Pressure
- Body fat percentage
- Circumference measurements
An Exercise Physiologist will conduct a series of performance tests and measurements to aid in the design of your program.
- Cardiovascular endurance
- Muscular endurance
- Flexibility testing
A Fitness Instructor will design a personalized digital workout program for you to access in our Trainerize app. They will introduce you to several pieces of strength-training equipment, and show you how to set the appropriate adjustments. A stretching program will be included to help you reach your flexibility goals.
To schedule, call the Fit Test Office 531-5021
- Before your appointment, please try to complete the Medical History form, that will be sent to your email, as it allows for more time for thorough testing.
- Check-in with the front desk upon arrival. Arrive 5-10 minutes prior to your appointment to allow time for checking in and putting away your belongings.
- Wear clothing and shoes appropriate for exercise. If you use reading glasses, bring them for paperwork.
- NO exercise or heavy eating prior to the evaluation. A light meal 2-3 hours before is fine.
- Come to the appointment well hydrated.
- Physician clearance requested for known medical conditions.
- Please allow 1 hour for each appointment.
If you have any questions prior to your appointment, please contact one of our Exercise Physiologists at (865) 531-5021.
Feel free to ask any questions to our Exercise Physiologist, or let us know your availability so we can help schedule your Complete Fitness Assessment today!