Fort Sanders Health and Fitness Center Tennis is lead by five certified pros. Lessons and clinics are available for all ages, competition levels, and fitness goals to ensure everyone has a chance to play the great sport of Tennis. Whether you’re learning tennis for the first time or dusting off the racquet our tennis pros will be able to help you out.
- Native of Indiana and a graduate of the Professional Tennis Management program at Ferris State University in Michigan
- He has taught at clubs in Shreveport, Louisiana; Memphis, Tennessee and Charlotte, NC.
- Holds the highest certifications through both the USPTA and the PTR.
- USTA High Performance Coach.
- Recognized as USTA Louisiana and USTA Southern Pro of The Year, USPTA Southern Assistant Pro of the Year, USPTA Southern Teaching Professional, USPTA Top 10 Education credits and also is a National Cardio Tennis Trainer.
- Enrolled in the PTR’s Mast of Tennis Program for Junior Development, a program that accepts only 12 coaches per year.
- USPTA certified
- USRSA certified
- Teaching tennis since 1988
- Coached numerous USTA Men’s and Women’s teams to National tournaments
- Coached numerous nationally ranked juniors
- B.S. in Marketing and Professional Tennis Management – Ferris State University in Michigan
- Joined WTA professional tour at the age of 15, reaching a global ranking of 900.
- Was top 3 in the lineup her freshman season at The University of Tennessee
- All C-USA player in singles at Middle Tennessee State University
- Bachelors of Science in Communication with a Minor in Marketing.
- PTR professional rating – Jr. Development
- Teaching tennis since 2016
- Local league coordinator USTA Combo Doubles League 2005-07
- USTA TN Area Vice Pres. – 2006-08
- GKTA Board of Directors – 2005-08
- GKTA President – 2007
- B.A. Business Management – Becker College
- USPTA certified
- Teaching tennis since 2010
- Active 4.5 player in USTA Men’s and Mixed Leagues, winning six sectional titles
- B.S. in Exercise Science and Minor in Coaching – East Tennessee State University
For more details and scheduling contact the Tennis Office at 865-531-5050.